Harlequin Shrimp Asterina Starfish Eating Reef Tank Assassin! Control those little white starfish
Asterina stars are little white starfish that appear on your glass and can quickly overpopulate your tank. Its believed that these little starfish split and divide to reproduce. Most are reef safe and harmless however soem species have been known to eat zoas, acanas, other corals and even coralline algae.
This is where the assasian comes in! Harlequin shrimps eat starfish! now this is good and bad.. as they will eat ANY starfish so if you plan on using a Harlequin shrimp to eradicate your little white starfish make sure you remove any sand sifters or other desirable starfish from the tank. (put them in the sump or another tank)
Care should be taken as you need to have a long term plan to care for your Harlequin shrimp. They can quickly clear a tank of asterina stars then starve to death.. so you may want to consider borrowing one or having a backup plan to feed it starfish once your asterina population is taking care of.
if you enjoyed this.. smash that like button and make sure to subscribe to stay up to date on weekly reefing videos!
Want yo join the Facebook community?
Love Instagram? https://www.instagram.com/reefdudes/
Please watch: “Vertex Somatic 60s skimmer giveaway! – ReefDudes 3K Subscriber Contest!!”
Table of Contents
Source video. Follow ReefDudes on youtube for more.
- kill asterina starfish: asterina starfish good or bad: asterina starfish eating zoanthids
- Asterina Starfish – Are They Bad For You Reef Tank ?
- little white starfish on glass and how to kill them : rotter tube reef
- Adding Blue Linckia Starfish | Reef Tank
- All About The Red Knob Sea Star or Red General Starfish or African Sea Star or Red Spine Star
- Asterina Starfish
- Carpet anemone eating and clown fish helping. It almost ate our fish!
- AwA Starfish Carpet Sea Stars & Cushion Stars (Asterina gibbose Patiriella exigua Patiriella calcar)
- Crown of Thorns Starfish | Coral reef killers
- DIY Starfish Plush | with Free Templates
- Starfish Tank
- Starfish Tank Decor
- Update On My Blue Linckia Starfish Added Back In 2016
- A REAL STARFISH
- WATCH: This starfish looks like a pillow | Oceana